This DVD brings to your TV or computer screen the award-winning teacher and editor of some of the great writers of the 20th century, Sol Stein, providing a live audience of fiction and nonfiction writers with an entertaining equivalent of an MFA in a single hour. Here is what you will have access to time and again, whenever reminders are needed:
- Essentials for getting your work published, fiction or nonfiction.
- How to turn on your book’s engine.
- Suspense simplified and how to speed up the pace of your story
- Successful–and memorable–characterization
- The advantage of closed locations in fiction and film
- The key to marvelous dialogue and how you can do it
- Clues to how a rejected novel was made into a #1 NY Times bestseller record holder
- How to create credible tension
- The time-saving techniques for revising effectively
- Achieving the mind-set of a professional writer
- Craft tips for making readers laugh
- Successful titles and what they are made of
- The passports to publication
And much else.